Southwark Diocesan Board of Education
Developing Church of England Education
Our Vision: to develop Church of England education and enable church schools and education chaplaincy to be at the heart of the mission and ministry of the Diocese of Southwark in the 21st Century.
- To be a high performing Diocesan Board promoting excellence in education both locally and nationally
- To develop and grow highly effective, inclusive Church of England Schools rooted in Christian values
- To celebrate and share the richness, quality and successes of our schools and chaplaincies
- To enable the mission of God through the work of the Board
- To offer exemplary service to our schools and chaplaincies
The SDBE is a charity and company limited by guarantee. It has a Board, chaired by the Bishop of Croydon, the Rt Revd Jonathan Clark, which meets three times a year to consider strategy and policy matters.
The Board is currently made up of approximately 30 members, the majority of whom are representatives appointed to the Board by the six archdeaconries in the Diocese.
The Board's committees each meet three times a year. For more information on the Board's committees and structures click here.